At RETRA, we are committed to protecting your privacy.
We collect and process your personal data to provide the services you use, operate our business, meet our legal obligations, protect the security of our systems and our customers, or fulfil other legitimate interests.
Our Privacy Notice explains how we collect, use, share and protect your personal information. When we update this policy, we will post any changes to our website.
In addition, when visiting our website, we will provide you with “just in time” notices at the moment of data collection.
IDENTITY OF DATA CONTROLLER
The Data Controller in respect of this Privacy Notice is RETRA Group Limited.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
We collect your personal information when you:
- Complete an Online Membership Agreement
- Complete the purchase of a 2 Day Pass
- Submit an enquiry via our website, social media or online chat
- Book a Tour of the facility
- Attend the facility and submit a general enquiry
- Ask us for more information via telephone or email about a product or service, or contact us with a question or complaint
- Take part in a competition, prize draw or survey
- When you use the RETRA app
- We may also collect, match or acquire information about you from other organisations such as Google and Facebook
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
The information we collect is required for the purpose of creating your Membership Profile and for you to become a member of our studio. Such information allows you to be identified as a member of RETRA and includes:
- Name, date of birth, gender, e-mail address, postal address, telephone number, health declaration and whether you require disabled access
- Credit or debit card information, information about your bank account number and sort code or other banking information
- Your usage records and use of Fit Metrix (if applicable)
- Your preferences for particular products or services or interests when you tell us what they are – or when we assume what they are, depending on how you use our products and services
- Any contact you make with us, such as a note or recording of a call or email you make to our Studio
- Your membership information – such as dates of payment owed and received, the services you use and any other information related to your account
HOW DO WE USE THIS INFORMATION?
We will use your personal information to provide you with the services, products or information that you have requested, for administration purposes, to improve your website experience, and marketing. We may need to share your information with our service providers, associated organisations and agents for these purposes. We may use your information to:
- Carry out an identity check as part of your membership application
- Process your membership application
- Bill you for using our services as per your membership agreement
- Keep you informed about our services including operational matters relating to your Membership
- Provide relevant services to you
- Confirm your attendance to the studio to ensure you’re optimising use of your membership
- To allow you to monitor your studio usage
- Share information on gym socials and events
- Contact you with offers or promotions based on our analysis of how you use our services and what we think will be of interest to you (unless you choose not to receive our marketing messages)
- Respond to any questions or concerns you might have about our services
- Understand how you use our services, to help us develop relevant and updated services
- Carry out research and statistical analysis to monitor how customers use our services
- Prevent and detect fraud or other crimes
- We’ll store your information for as long as you are a Member of RETRA or following cancellation and to meet legal requirements including financial audit, anti-fraud and money laundering regulations. We will store your information for no more than 6 years from the last activity on the account. An ‘activity’ can be classified as access into the studio, a payment made on the membership account or contact with the Studio directly. We may contact you about RETRA services during these 6 years if you haven’t opted out of receiving marketing communications from us
RETRA will only send you information relating to your membership or the Studio. We will not share your data with any 3rd parties for marketing purposes. If you cancel your membership with RETRA we will only send you information that we think will be of interest to you. If you want to opt out of receiving marketing messages from us, please visit your profile section within the Members Area of the website. You can choose to opt out of all marketing or select your marketing preferences. Alternatively, if you are no longer a member, and wish to remove your consent to receive marketing please contact by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. This category only includes cookies that ensures basic functionalities and security features of the website. These cookies do not store any personal information.
Any cookies that may not be particularly necessary for the website to function and is used specifically to collect user personal data via analytics, ads, other embedded contents are termed as non-necessary cookies. It is mandatory to procure user consent prior to running these cookies on your website.
KEEPING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION SECURE
We take appropriate measures to ensure that the information we collect and maintain is kept secure, accurate and up to date and kept only for so long as is necessary for the purposes for which it is used.
We ensure the organisations that provide us with services related to your membership have appropriate security measures and only process your information in the way we have authorised them to. These organisations will not be entitled to use your personal information for their own purposes.
Communications over the internet (such as emails) aren’t secure unless they’ve been encrypted. Your communications may go through a number of countries before being delivered – as this is the nature of the internet. We can’t accept responsibility for any unauthorised access or loss of personal information that’s beyond our control.
WILL WE DISCLOSE THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT TO OUTSIDE PARTIES?
We may share information about you with:
Service providers, agents and associated organisations to allow us to service your membership and communicate with you; for example, financial institutions to process payments, Law enforcement agencies, regulatory organisations, courts or other public authorities where we have a legal obligation to do so.
We’ll release information if it’s reasonable for the purpose of protecting us against fraud, defending our rights or property, or to protect the interests of our customers.
If we’re reorganised or sold to another organisation, we may transfer any personal information we hold about you to that organisation. We will inform you if we do.
USE OF PERSONAL DATA FOR AUTOMATIC DECISION MAKING
We do not intend to use your personal data for automatic decision making.
THIRD PARTY TRACKING
We use tools such as Google Analytics for collecting personal data about our website visitor’s online activities over time and across different web sites for marketing purposes. This is so we can ensure our website gives you the best possible experience.
YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
You have the following rights in relation to your data privacy: the right of access; the right of rectification; the right of erasure (the “right to be forgotten”); the right to restriction of processing; the right to be notified; the right to data portability; the right of objection; and the right to not be subject to automated profiling.
Access. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies in your information corrected. Please contact us through email to email@example.com, the Contact section of the website or writing to the address above There is not normally a fee for this service.
Rectification. If you believe we’re holding inaccurate information about you, or your personal details change, please update your profile on your RETRA Membership Profile or contact a member of staff in the studio. Debit, Credit and Bank account changes can be made on your Membership Profile.
Erasure. You have the right to the erasure of the data we hold on you, when it is no longer needed for the purposes of your Membership, or when you withdraw your consent for our processing (and we have no other lawful basis to hold your data).
Restriction. You have the right to ask us to place restrictions on processing your data in certain circumstances.
Notification. You have the right to be notified of any rectification, erasure or restrictions in relation to your personal data.
Portability. You have a right to receive the data we hold on you electronically in a format that allows it to be easily transferred to another data controller.
Object. You have the right to object to data processing of your personal data for direct marketing or profiling purposes.
Profiling. You have the right not to be subject to any decision based on automatic processing of your personal data.
The address to be used to obtain a copy of your personal information is: RETRA Paddington, 14 Hermitage Street, Paddington Works, Paddington, London W2 1BE.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
We will update this privacy notice to reflect the way in which we process and protect your data. If we do so, we will post notice of the change on our website and you will have the opportunity to adjust your communications preferences on your Membership Profile.